- Independent student newspaper The Red & Black extensively covers UGA sports through written stories, photos, videos and podcasts.
- Student-run radio station WUOG 90.5 FM produces sports shows and play-by-play broadcasts of select UGA sports and local high school sports.
- UGA Sports Communications uses student volunteers and employees to assist with media relations at UGA sports events. Students also help produce content for UGA sports social media feeds.
- Georgia Bulldog Sports Marketing employs students to produce multimedia content, primarily video, about UGA sports for georgiadogs.com.
- The UGA Athletic Association‘s digital production unit employs students to help produce linear and digital broadcasts and video board content, including hype videos, of UGA sports.
- Throughout the academic year, Carmical Sports Media Institute student crews produce live-stream video and/or radio broadcasts of local high school sports events. Students can work as producers, directors, graphics operators, play-by-play announcers, color analysts and sideline reporters. Contact Prof. Carlo Finlay, email@example.com, for more information.
We strongly encourage students interested in sports media to gain experience not just in our program but through the many extracurricular opportunities available at UGA. Students can get involved in these opportunities even before applying for the Sports Media Certificate program. Among the options: